Research Poster Session and Competition
Prizes: A total of $1000 in monetary prizes for the best posters will be awarded. Winners will be announced at the Cocktail Hour and Expo at the end of the day.
- 1st Place – $500
- 2nd Place -$350
- 3rd Place – $150
- Posters should showcase research done over the past year (Oct. 2016-Oct. 2017).
- At least one author or co-author MUST be registered for the Singh Nanovation Conference and be available to present their poster during the designated time. (https://singhcon.nano.upenn.edu/registration/ )
Poster Competition Rules and Stipulations:
- Presenters MUST be at their poster from noon to 1:30pm for judging on Tuesday, October 17th in ordering to be included in the judging.
- Each presenter can only present a single poster on during the conference (presenters may be listed as co-authors on other posters).
- Poster space is limited. Due to space constraints, not all posters may be accepted. Apply for poster space by midnight, Monday, Oct. 6th. You will be notified if your poster is selected for presentation by 6 pm, Wednesday, Oct. 11th. If your poster is selected, you are automatically eligible for the poster judging and awards.
- Presenters do not need to be present at the Cocktail Hour and Expo to win an award.
Poster Printing and Displaying
- For University of Pennsylvania students, the Singh Center for Nanotechnology is willing to print your posters for free, as long as you send the file to us by midnight, October 9th.
- All other presenters are responsible for the printing of their poster and displaying it at the Singh Center for Nanotechnology. The Singh Center for Nanotechnology will provide easels, poster boards and thumb tacks for displaying the poster.
- Presenters will have from 8:00 am to noon on October 17th to display their posters as the Singh Center for Nanotechnology.
- Posters will be displayed for the entire day on both October 17th –October 18th.