This competition showcase is designed to encourage the region’s brightest student minds to launch new companies in the areas such as: nanotechnology, microfluidics, material science, additive manufacturing and beyond.
Winning groups will receive an 18” by 55” table during one of the three industry days throughout Singh Nano Week October 24th, 25th, and 27th. Days will be assigned based on specific conference day theme and the types of companies and markets that those companies represent.
- Proposal Submission Deadline – October 7th 2016 by midnight
- Winners Announced – October 12th 2016
Rules and Eligibility:
- At least 75% of the company must be comprised of current students at a university
- At least one member of your company MUST be available to be at your booth throughout the entire day of the conference that you company will be exhibiting
A Judging Panel with expertise in engineering, science, and business, will use the following criteria in their evaluations:
- Innovation. How novel is the idea? How does the solution compare to other concepts addressing the same problem?
- Marketability. What is the current demand for this type of innovation?
- Societal Impact. How would this innovation impact society? Could this lead to other technical breakthroughs?
- Probability of Success. Does the submitting Individual or Team have the necessary skills and drive to bring this innovation to market?
- Impact of Showcase. How much of an impact will being a part of this event have on this company?
How to Enter